Thursday, October 18, 2012

Sweet Stories


Aikman was playing with this phone he has and I heard this conversation: “Oh hey Mike and Jenny. Oh yeah. Okay. No, no, no, its way too late. No, Mike and Jenny go to bed now you hear me? It’s too late for cake. No it’s too late for cake. Go to bed.” I laughed so hard as I listened to him talk. He makes up the funniest conversations with people. He says he always talks to Mike and Jenny or Pete and Phil.

Pippa was brushing her hair (half the time she uses the back part of the brush lol) and I said “look at my baby girl, brush it!” She smiled and went from her head all the way down her body to her feet and then stood and clapped. I said “you’re not Rapunzel sweetheart.” She just looked at me and smiled. Crazy girl.

Speaking of Pippa being crazy, oh my goodness! She is my wild child. I cannot even tell you how laid back Monks was at her age. He listened so well, he never climbed things or played with things he wasn’t supposed to and he NEVER ate stuff off the ground. Oh how the tables have turned. Pippa is my little daredevil. You constantly have to keep an eye on her. (I know you should always watch your children, but you know what I mean) She has escaped her stroller, car seat, highchair and tried to crawl out of her bed the other day. She had one leg up and was trying to pull herself out by stepping on the bumper. She stands up in shopping carts and even fell out of the basket at Target the other day. Yes, fell out onto the hard floor. I have never been so scared in my life! She cried, yes but then after about 30 seconds, pointed to some toy on the shelf and began to “talk” and reach for it. She loves climbing on the couches now and we used to put our ottoman in the entry way to the hall and she climbs over that with ease. Time for some real baby gates I guess. She was on our bed and wanted down so I came around to get her and she just jumped off face first. Fearless! I always tell her she will be the death of me and she just smiles and laughs. Her personality shines through more and more each day and I continue to be amazed by her.  

No comments:

Post a Comment