Monday, October 22, 2012

Weekend Update


Our weekend was low key but productive. Saturday we had four people to interview for our new sitter position. I had not posted on here yet because it was still kind of hush hush but Mike and Jenny and my sweet man Adrian will be moving soon. I won’t go into too much detail but of course Tia keeps Monks and Pips now, so we needed to start looking just to be safe. It is a sad yet exciting time. It was tough enough leaving Aikman with someone when I returned to work, but now I have to leave both my babies. Honestly with Larissa (before Tia started) I had no worries being I knew Larissa and had worked with her in a daycare and I knew the heart she had for children but now I feel like we are starting over again and I get nervous. The one plus side to Monks being 3 and so talkative is I can ask him questions versus just Pippa who doesn’t talk yet. I do have to say the two we met we did love! One would have the kids at her home and the other would come to ours. Both had awesome references, experience and history and just seemed to really enjoy children. Our other two never showed up and never called so that was easy to mark them off. Now we face the hard part of deciding who to pick. We also have two interviews today so we shall see! I am so thankful it has gone well this far and we aren’t having to deal with people we don't care for. I am confident we will find and pick the best person for our children. I made my list of interview questions and had Mike and Jenny kind of go over my list with me to see what they thought. Mike told me to ask them if they feared death and if they ask why then tell them “because if something happens to either of my children, someone in my family will kill you.” Lol.

Sunday we went grocery shopping, watched the Cowboys win (woo hoo!) and just hung out together as a family. The kids napped for nearly four hours Sunday so Devin and I had some alone time. It was nice. Monks is on this “making a tent” kick and having smores so we have been getting some sheets and stuff together to do this while we watch Halloween movies. Such a great weekend with my sweet babies. 

No comments:

Post a Comment