Monday, October 8, 2012

Weekend Update


Saturday, I was asked to babysit a co-workers grandson. Aikman and him had played together once before, so I knew he would be excited. I picked him up around 9:30 and we went back to the house and they played. When I put Pippa down for her nap, the boys  and I made a Halloween arts/craft. We painted a tree by using their hand and part of their forearm and then you were supposed to use your feet for the ghost, but I just let them paint them. We then sprinkled salt on the ghosts to make them shimmer (I was out of white glitter) and they both painted their own moon. Monks’s moon was pretty darn good I must say. I was proud of him. They both had so much fun. By then, Pete and Phil had arrived as we were going to the pumpkin patch for some pics with the kids and their uncles. Tio came over too and Devin woke up early so we could all go. It was pretty cold out so the pics came out super cute, but I would have preferred they weren’t wearing their jackets. We will just take some more! After pics and some fun, we went to lunch at China Star. We then dropped Rowdee off with his grandma, as she got off in a little while and we were going to the mall so I was not sure how long that would take. At the mall, Devin looked for new shoes but never found any he just had to have. We then went to grab a drink from Sonic and headed back to our house. We all just hung out and talked and watched TV. Pete, Phil and Tio left at nearly 6.

I love this pic. My four favorite men. :) 


This one makes me laugh because all of them are looking in a different direction and they look sneaky. Lol. 

Another fav.
Monks bought one of these pumpkins called a "Wee Bee Little"


Phil looks so much like my dad here. 
Pete and this crazy dog or rabbit. Idk what it is to be honest. 

Monks and Rowdee
Sunday was my 30th birthday! I remember thinking 30 was so old when I was a teenager and now I think wow, cuz I am still so young! Lol. Devin made the most awesome pulled pork by cooking it all night and then smoking it for a few hours and we had broccoli, baked potatoes, beans, coleslaw, macaroni and cheese, little smokies in jelly (courtesy of Tio), rolls and an Italian crème cake along with some cupcakes. Tio came over after church and we all ate together and then just because we were wanting to get out, we went to look at houses. We hope to buy a new house, but that will be in the next 2.5 to 3 years lol but it was fun. We went to an open house, but no one was there and so we called the number and they said it was under contract so the showing was cancelled. We looked at several and were out for nearly 2.5 hours. We found some we laughed at and were too scared to even drive near, and some that we oohed and ahhed at and wanted to see the inside. The kids had fun and were really good in the car. Tio sat in front with Devin and navigated and found the houses and then I would look at the interiors in pics online. We had to stop to get gas and snacks at one point so we fueled up on nachos, drinks and candy. We watched the Simpsons and then Monks watched “Mars Needs Moms” on one of the movie channels.

We even had to turn on our heat last night! It was mid 60’s in the house! The kids slept all nice and warm in their beds. I told Devin we need to go shopping for our Pips. She doesn’t own a jacket, any long sleeve shirts or socks! Yesterday she wore tights with a shirt and had to wear one of Monks’s old hoodies. Poor girl. Winter shopping, here we come! I have already found the cutest furry vests for her and I can’t wait to buy her some little boots! 

No comments:

Post a Comment