Thursday, October 18, 2012

Our Sunday


We finally did it! After dragging our feet and making excuses, we went to church on Sunday! We went to Elmcrest Baptist Church. We took the kids to the nursery there and the ladies were so nice. They welcomed us right in and asked the kids names. Monks got a little shy and then all of a sudden yelled “they have so many cool toys here!” Pippa started looking at books and was just sitting on the floor. The ladies asked if we cared if the kids had snack and I told her about Monks in case he needed to pee. I was afraid he would be shy and not tell them he needed to go. We walked out and I was nervous Pips would cry but she just read books. She could care less. She smiled at me as I walked out and I left it at that. Devin and I then walked back outside to the sanctuary and were immediately greeted by several people. Everyone was so nice. Like sincere and seemed really glad to have us. The inside was huge! I never would have imagined from the outside that it was that big. I really enjoyed the music and the pastor was funny, kept my attention and I really felt interested in what he said. Overall, I really liked that church. Of course we still have others to check out before we decide on just one to become members of but it is a start! I was so glad we went. When church let out, we went to get the kids and they were both playing. I was told they both did very well and I was given pictures they colored. So cute. We then signed them out and headed home. When we walked through the parking lot, I asked Aikman if he had fun. He said he had so much fun. I asked him about his snack and he said they had goldfish. He also said Pippa sat at the little table with them in one of the chairs. Oh man I wish I had a picture of that! I asked if he went potty and he said yes. I said did you tell the ladies you needed to go and he said yes. He said he needed to pee so told them and they took him. He then told me the bathroom was so cool! I asked him what made it cool and he said it had small stairs to get to the toilet and the soap was super cool. He said you put your hand on the wall and get the soap! I assume he is talking about a normal soap dispenser and he has used those several times so I don’t know what made this one stand out so much, but it did. J Crazy boy. So get him a soap dispenser and a step stool and he is in heaven. Lol. I am glad the kids enjoyed it. They have Sunday school also so if we return there, he will enjoy that.

We then went to Bueno to grab something to eat and headed home to watch the Cowboys. It was a really good game but they just couldn’t do it. After the game and Pippa’s nap, we headed to one of the middle schools so Devin could meet up with other Sheriff’s Office guys and play flag football. One of the wives saw an ad on Craigslist for people to play. They all took turns and then winner played everyone. Some people out there were super funky lol and I don’t think we will go again, but the kids enjoyed the time outside. Monks took three balls and they had an entire field to play in. It was funny when I set Pips down to roam, she kept going for the parking lot. We were there nearly three hours! Not good when I thought it would only be an hour or so. The kids devoured the bottle of water and boxes of raisins like they had never eaten. The only thing that saved me at the end was Devin’s phone. Monks had had enough of playing so he watched Netflix on Devin’s phone. Pippa enjoyed pushing her stroller in the grass so all was good. 


Guys practicing
Monks playing

No comments:

Post a Comment