Thursday, December 22, 2011

Another Spider Story

Monks woke up at 6:05 this morning and was just yelling from his bed for me. I told him to just get out of bed and come to my room but he just kept calling me. I then got up and he was just sitting Indian style in his bed and told me hi. I said it’s still early, come lay with me for a little while. (I set my alarm for 6:15 but always snooze until 6:25) He ran down the hall and crawled up the steps into our bed. We laid there and I was trying to go back to sleep for a little bit but he kept talking. We then had the silliest conversation:

Me: Why are you up so early?
Monks: Huh?
Me: What woke you up this morning, it’s still dark!
Monks: Spiders in my bed.
Me: Eww, spiders? What were they doing?
Monks: Playing.
Me: You tell them anything?
Monks: Yes. I say come here spiders! Stop now!
Me: You tell them! What did they do? Did they listen?
Monks: Yes, they went to work.
Me: They did? Where do the spiders work?
Monks: At DPS with momma.
Me: They work with me? So I might see them today?
Monks: Yes momma, you might.
Me: I gotta think of something to tell them if I see them.
Monks: Say get to work spiders! (and he pointed with authority)

I am telling you if I see those sorry spiders I sure will make them work! J He also made us die laughing the other night in Pippa's room. We had just got the kids out of the bath and were getting them dried off and dressed for bed. I don't know what we were talking about but Aikman told me it was "stupendous!" I said what did you say? and he repeated it and then I said stupendous? and he said yes! Where the heck did that come from?

No comments:

Post a Comment