Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Seeing Santa!!

Saturday was the big day! We slept in and Devin made us a yummy breakfast of eggs, bacon, biscuits and homemade gravy! We then got dressed to go see Santa! We got to the mall about 11:30 and I was afraid there would be a long line but luckily, there was not. We had maybe 4 people in front of us. We picked up Pete and Phil on the way there and Tio and Tia and Adrian were meeting us there. Monks was so excited! He pointed and smiled at Santa and could not wait his turn! He was not scared at all. We had been practicing with him the night before to tell Santa what he wanted. All we could get from him was “a Christmas tree!” I told Devin really? Cuz we are going to look super poor when everyone hears him say he wants a tree. They will be like oh poor child, all he wants is a tree. Yeah we have some. That is why I included a picture of it below ha ha. It does exist! Anyway, we get up there and he gives him five and smiles and sits on his lap and we get Pippa situated and she was all smiles and then we scoot out of the way to get the pic and no smiles! Pips is distracted by a mechanical deer and not even looking at the camera and Monks just has the saddest face. We are all calling their names and shaking these bells and talking silly and moving around and nothing. Pippa finally looks at the camera but is as straight faced as she could be. Never cracked a smile. After about 6 pictures the lady lets me pick what was the best one. Monks climbs off his lap and smiles and Santa gives him some antlers and he says thank you and then runs off and says I saw Santa and is back to normal. Pippa even smiled at me and cooed as I took her off his lap. Really kids? You have to laugh about it, what can you do? So $30 later, below is the pic! My daughter has the most serious face and my son looks like he is hung-over and tired and wants to puke. Crazy kids. At least their outfits are perfect! Lol. Enjoy!


First, the tutu I made her. Yes I made it. So easy. Thanks Pinterest!


Waiting to see Santa!


Wating some more....



Sweet girl!



Our tree that is real lol


Not sure why it comes out like this when I scan it. Drunk Monks and bored Pips. Lol.


No comments:

Post a Comment