Friday, December 30, 2011

Christmas Eve Part 3

Pete and Phil came over around 5:30 and we watched Jingle All The Way (so not funny lol but all the guys like it) while I finished dinner. We had tamales, beans, rice (yes sadly from a package as only Gramita and my mom make the best real rice), homemade salsa (thanks Pinterest, it truly was the BEST ever), queso, and chicken enchiladas with a sour cream and green chili sauce (no thank you Pinterest, these were horrible!). I was so upset and disappointed with the enchiladas. The sauce you make for them was so flour-y tasting. We followed the recipe so if I ever make them again, I will season the chicken, use corn tortillas, and try a white cheese type sauce. So basically I will just wing it and throw out that recipe and never look back. Lol. Tio and Tia and Sweet Man aka Adrian were on their way back to Abilene from out of town so they were not there yet. We all ate and had movies on in the background and then decided to go look at Christmas lights. We all loaded up and went to several neighborhoods. Monks loves to look at lights. It is so cute for him to point them out and he copies what you say about them. We were out for an hour and a half I would say and then headed home. When we got home, I got Pips ready for bed (she had slept the whole time in the car) and Phil got Aikman in his pajamas and changed his diaper and then we let him open his game! We always play games as a family so we buy one each year and the kids will open it on Christmas Eve and then we will play it together. We bought him this fishing game and it says for ages 3 and up but I thought I bet he will like watching and he can just play how he wants. Boy was I wrong! He was catching more fish than me! He was so good at it and just loved it! Such a big boy. He played with Devin and his uncles and then after a while they played Don’t Tip the Waiter and by that time Tio and Tia and Adrian had arrived! They ate and we talked and then everyone left to go to bed and get ready for Santa’s arrival….


Aikman playing with his cars. He loves driving on this old plastic car mat. Lol.




Eating a "pretty good" cupcake



Opening his game....



Caught a fish....


Look at that big boy!


Sweetness

Playing other game



1 comment:

  1. those enchiladas were good, but I'm sure you're own recipe would be even better.

    ReplyDelete