Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Celebration Time!

Devin took his state test on Friday morning. He got off work at 7, went to eat at Grandy’s with some guys from work, and then headed over to take the test. It is timed and it is 250 questions. The test started at 8 and he texted me at 7:36 and it said “Love you, have a great day. I am so scared.” Lol. Poor thing. It seemed like an eternity until I finally heard from him. He called and gave me the great news! He had passed! I had no doubt he wouldn’t but it was still great to hear! We went out to celebrate that evening by eating at Lytle Land & Cattle, a steakhouse. There were several more pics, but again, yes, Tio and Tia’s camera. Lol. These still came out cute. Pete sadly worked until 7 that day so missed dinner but met with us after. Hilarious story. After we all ate, the waiter came and said can I interest anyone in dessert or is everyone too full? Monks said I want dessert! We all laughed and I said monkey you don’t need any. He then said please and looked super precious and we really don’t give in but he said I want dessert momma. I said well what do you have? The waiter then said they had peach cobbler with ice cream, cheesecake (which I don’t think he would have liked), and some chocolate lava something. Tia then said that chocolate one is good but really big and the waiter then said well we have a mini one and Monks said the mini-one! I want the mini-one! Lol. He was too irresistible. So he got a mini dessert. It was a brownie with two scoops of vanilla ice cream, whipped cream, chocolate syrup and cherries. He loved it! We passed it around so everyone could taste it and Monks said my dessert, my dessert! Greedy little guy. We then headed back to the house for snacks (yes even though we just ate), drinks and games. We had so much fun.



Me taking a pic of Phil taking a pic lol






Being goofy eating dessert


Monk's dessert






Precious!

Also, I mentioned to my Lieutenant that Devin took the test and he asked if he passed and I said of course and he said hey, let me tell you that was the hardest test I have ever taken! He said that it gave scenarios and wanted specifics and was very detailed. I said really? He said that when he was in the Academy and took it, that out of the 66 guys in his class, only 22 passed it. He said it was insane. Then one of our Sergeants walked up and he asked him, was that TCLEOSE test not the hardest test you've ever taken? and the Sergeant said oh man that test was horrible! I said man, I am even more proud of Devin now and Lieutenant said you should be.

No comments:

Post a Comment