Wednesday, October 19, 2011

New Sitter

I returned to work last Wednesday. I of course had to get a sitter for the kids. The sitter Aikman originally went to was going to hold a spot for Pippa so that after my maternity leave they could both go. Long story short, she didn’t have any openings and I was panicking. Tia will keep them after she has Adrian but of course she needs time with him and being a new mommy J so we are planning on having them start with her in February. My friend who I used to work with, Larissa (Corbin’s mom), happened to text me the next day after the old sitter said she couldn’t. I was venting to her about our situation and she said well maybe I could keep them. Larissa is a stay at home mom to her 2 year old son Corbin and her 20 month old little girl Breanna. I was so excited and crossing my fingers. We got together one day at the park and then had lunch with the kids to talk about things. We worked together at a daycare and I seriously could not wish for a better person to have them. She is amazing with kids and just one of those that truly has a heart for children of all ages, especially our little guys and dolls. All worked out and they started at her house Monday. I was so nervous Sunday packing all their stuff. I packed like they were going on a long vacation. Lol. I knew she would be great with them but I just worried Aikman might have a hard time adjusting again to a sitter, being that he had been home with me for 3 months and he is it at an age where he can express his feelings to an extent and I thought oh what if he cries, what if he throws a fit, what if, what if. Plus too, Pippa being so small still, will she sleep for Larissa? Will she want to be held all the time? I was just nervous. Aikman has never cried when we left him with a sitter but I just knew at this age and after being home this was the time he would. Boy did I underestimate my babies. I pumped him up all weekend asking him where he was going Monday. He would answer the pumpkin patch! I would say no and he would guess a store! I would say no again and then say who are you going to play with Monday and he would say Cormin! Lol Monday morning came and I woke up and got ready, had to wake both of them and then we told Devin bye and left. We got to her house and he said what’s that and I said Mrs. Larissa’s. You are going to play with Corbin and Breanna today and he said okay. We got down, unloaded our stuff and went in. He acted shy and stayed by my leg and he just watched them all. We then went in the living room and he started to look at the toys and pointed out a truck and things on TV. Mickey Mouse was on so he was happy. I then told him bye and he looked at me and I thought uh oh and he smiled and played with his truck. I went to walk out and Corbin and Breanna told me bye and Monks just smiled. He could care less that I walked out that door. Here I was leaving and he is just amazed by his toy and her kids are standing at the gate telling me bye. Lol. That’s my little independent guy for you. He was enjoying himself. I know that’s great though that he was happy. No one wants to have to leave a sad kid and fortunately I have never had to experience that. J I received several text updates throughout the day and all was great. Monks didn’t nap but he did lay there quietly so it was good enough for me.

Fast forward to after work and I couldn’t wait to see him and hear about his day. He greeted me with a hug and a kiss and I asked him how his day was. He was playing with cars so just gave me cars. I said did you have fun today and he said mm hmm fun. I said did you play with Corbin and he said I play with Cormin. I said good. He kept saying Kiki so I assumed that was one of her pets but the next day I asked her and no one is named Kiki lol so not sure what he was talking about. He said he ate oranges for lunch but come to find out they never had oranges lol. He is so random at times. He was very excited to go Tuesday and this morning. It really is hard to find someone who you are 100% comfortable with and you trust so I am so happy we are where we are now. And I know my kids are too. Larissa is a lifesaver!

No comments:

Post a Comment