Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Devin is Finished!

Last Friday night Devin had his class final for the Academy. The end is here!!! We were so excited but he was so nervous. It is over 7 months worth of stuff! I went on a break from work to buy an “inspirational and good luck and we love you” card from me, Monks and Pippa for him. I also bought him some beef jerky and some mints. When I got off work at 5 and went home I left the three cards and snacks laying in the seat for him so he would be surprised when he got in the car to leave. The anticipation killed us all! Lol Tio, Tia, Pete & Phil were at the house with us waiting to hear something from him. He texted me a little after 7 that he was done but there were some people still testing so they had to wait for the grades. It was 9:30 when he finally called to say he was on his way home! He knows I am dying to hear the news and he acts so nonchalant about it and I said well? And he said well what? Such a jerk. J He then says he of course passed and made an 88.4! We were so proud of him. Tonight is the graduation ceremony. I can’t wait. This has been a long and hard seven months! I cry each time I think about it. It took sacrifice on everyone’s part and I am so appreciative to my family for helping us with it. We would not have made it without my brothers and Jenny. Big Tio and especially Tia Net helped so much when my dad got sick. Had it not been for Tia Net, we would not have been able to go see him. I am forever thankful to all of you. Thanks too for supporting Devin and giving him that extra push of confidence when times got tough. Anyway, graduation is tonight and Friday morning at 8 he takes the state test which certifies him as an officer. (Yes, they have graduation before the big test, weird, I know.) So Friday night we will celebrate that it is ALL finished! I know he will do great. I can’t wait to post pics of it!

These pics are from last Friday at the house.




Watching Lion King


No comments:

Post a Comment