Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Devin's Graduation

Devin graduated last Tuesday evening. I was bursting with pride and did so well in fighting back all the tears. I was proud of myself. Tio and Tia, again, have so many pics on their camera so those will be posted once I get them. I know I have mentioned it here and there but the Academy was so long! It was 32 weeks. This was his schedule:

Mon-Fri: class from 6-10pm
Sat: 8-5pm

He had to work midnights so he would get out of class at 10 and then go to work at 11pm. He would get off at 7am, sleep during day until 3-4 and then go pick up Monks from the sitter and then get ready for class all over again. I work until 5, and he left for class at 5:20 so we had ten minutes to talk before he left. Some days class did not go until 10, they would get out at 9 or so and he would come home to eat but then left for work at 10:15 so during the week, we spent maybe a total of two hours together. It was nice when I was on maternity leave though. He took his leave for 6 weeks from work so although he had class, he would come home after and stay home. J That six weeks was a nice break for us. We did have our two year old and a newborn so it was nice to actually be a family. It flew by though. He worked hard and I could not be more proud of him. He had tests often and studied hard in between work, sleeping, and picking up Monks in the afternoon. I am just so glad I will finally have my husband home with us. Again, I thank all of you who helped him succeed and accomplish his goals. I know everyone sacrificed some.

Devin, you did it and we all love you. I am so excited Monks has such a great role model to look up to. Nothing makes me happier than when he says “Daddy a policeman. Police help.” You certainly earned this and have come such a long way since we met in high school. It was never easy but you did it. I love you more than I can ever say.

Watching Lion King before we left.










So handsome on stage



Getting his certificate.


Great job guys! From left: Channel, "Anderson", Cesario.

How cute are we?


The whole fam! Now that is a great looking family. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment