Thursday, October 27, 2011

Monkey's A Little Baker

Last night Devin had a potluck at work. It is the last day they would all be on the same shift until bump day which is Monday. Devin will be on days again! Yay! I can’t wait. Anyway, someone was making a big pot of chili so Devin signed up to take Fritos, cheese and sopaipilla cheesecake. Last night after the kid’s bath, I decided to make the cheesecake before I started to feed Pips. Monkey of course asked me what I was doing. I said making a dessert for daddy’s work. He said a dessert? I am excited! I laughed and said great. I asked if he wanted to help and he said I want help. He pulled a chair up to the bar and stood on it. We washed our hands J and then I started opening the crescent rolls. We put down the first layer and I went to get my measuring cup and told him not to touch it and when I turned back around he was just smiling at me. I noticed on my perfectly flat crescent rolls were three little fingerprints. I let him pour the sugar in the bowl and I let him hold the spoon to measure the vanilla. He was so proud to be helping. We mixed the filling and when I was done mixing I asked if he wanted to taste it. He licked the whisk I had used and said it was duh-wicious! I then made our top mixture. I melted the butter and poured it over the top.  I then mixed the sugar and cinnamon together and asked if he wanted to help me sprinkle it on. I showed him how to do it and he grabbed some in his hand and just dropped it on top. We had a little section that was piled up and to be honest I left it like that because it was precious! He was having trouble “sprinkling” it so I said here, let me dump it in your hand and then you can throw some on it. I poured it in his hand which was directly over the pan which was directly over a towel which was directly over the counter. Did it end up in the pan? Not even close. I told him to sprinkle his handful over it and he turned in the chair to the side and wiped his hands together to get it all off. I said monks what are you doing and he said it’s dirty momma. I said no sweetheart that’s supposed to go on the dessert and he said dirty. I had to laugh. Crazy kid. I then put it in the oven and got out my broom and dustpan. J Devin came in as I was sweeping and the first thing Monks told him was I help Momma, Daddy! He was so excited. Sweet boy. I guarantee it tasted better than usual.

No comments:

Post a Comment