Thursday, October 27, 2011

Devin's (Casual) Swearing In

Devin had to take his physical yesterday. He had to run a mile, do sit-ups and do push-ups. He had to be there at 1 and they had told them it could last until 5. At 2:15 I get a call from Devin. He said hey you busy and I said not really and asked if he was done already. He said yes and he said can you leave work and meet me at the LEC (law enforcement center)? I said okay why and he said we are getting sworn in at 2:30ish, I wanted you to go. I said um, really nice notice and we laughed. He asked me to get him a clean shirt from the house and meet him there as he did not have time to go home to change. Now remember they had just finished working out so they are all in t shirts and shorts and tennis shoes. Cute huh? As I was hanging up with him I was turning off my computer and off to find my Lieutenant. I told him what was going on and he said of course go! He also asked if I had a camera, so sweet. I told him I did and he said okay, get going then. I left here and hauled butt home to get him a clean t shirt and wifebeater and then drove as fast as I could to the center. Of course, I got behind the slowest freaking human in the world and they were in front of me about 70% of the way. I called them every word imaginable and debated passing in the oncoming lane but I thought yeah, probably not the best excuse to tell a cop when I get pulled over that I am on my way to watch my husband get sworn in to be an officer. So I just cursed out loud to myself and kept hitting my brakes. Lol. I then got there and met him. He changed shirts and we went in. The sheriff met us in the lobby and we walked back with him and a Lieutenant. I was the only person there with anyone which I thought was very sweet Devin called me to see it. They will have a formal swearing in with family and friends when they do the pinning on ceremony in a few weeks, but I felt special to be there. I sat in the back with the jail administrators, several Lieutenants and a few Sergeants. They went in alphabetical order so of course Devin was first. I got out my camera and kept telling myself don’t cry, don’t cry, don’t cry, lol. I was so proud! After everyone was sworn in, they all went up front to have their badges issued and then went to another room to receive their firearms. This is such an exciting time for us as Devin is actually getting to where he wants to be. This has been his dream for so long and I am so excited for him and our family.





No comments:

Post a Comment